I have been craving for home-cooking for a week now as I spent a few days in San Diego at a conference. As today is the first Sunday that I got since my return, I decided to have a lazy morning with some home-made brunch. I found this recipe online a while back, and finally, I got a chance to try it. Usually I am quite skeptical about online recipes, but this turns out to be really nice!
1 large avocado, halved and cored
salt/pepper to taste
1. choose a large avocado, ripe but still firm. Cut the avocado into halves, remove the core, and use a spoon to take out more flesh so that the hole is big enough to hold 1 egg each
2. season the avocado with salt and pepper
3. put one egg into each avocado half
4. grate some cheese on the avocado
* the baked avocado egg was served with Ciabatta bread. Once baked, the avocado becomes softer. You can almost spread the avocado on the bread like a pâté!